Monday, August 20, 2007

Today is....

My birthday. Happy Birthday to me. I don't actually feel another year older, just a day.

My uncle called me too early this morning and informed me that I share my birthday with a couple of pretty cool people: Robert Plant (Led Zeppelin), Isaac Hayes (Shaft), Al Roker, and Fred Durst (Limp Bizkit). Durst was a little disappointing, but I think Isaac Hayes makes up for it, if Robert Plant doesn't on his own. Paul Tillich, a theologian, was born on this day in 1886. I also share my birthday with Connie Chung, Benjamin Harrison and Don King.

Some of the events that happened today were:
1938: Lou Gehrig hit is final grand slam (23).
1911: First around-the-world telegram sent by the New York Times in 16.5 minutes.
2: Venus and Jupiter were in conjunction, which some think was the Star of Bethlehem.

My second-cousin, Makenna, was born today in 1999.

A lot of other stuff happened on today throughout the years. A lot of tragedies and a lot of other noteworthy items. All very interesting.

No comments: