Saturday, July 28, 2007

Chicago Churches

One of my desires before I leave this great city fondly referred to as "The Chi" is to get out and take some shots of the churches here. A lot of them have been around for a long time and other's are just on the interesting side. But thankfully, if I don't get around to doing that, then I already have a book full of the pics that I never got! Borders, at least this location, currently has Chicago Churches: A Photographic Essay, by Elizabeth Johnson, on sale for $3.99. Granted, all the photos are not what I would define as churches, but rather "formalized" places of worship. Even so, it's a well put together photo essay that regularly runs at $45. So if you've ever wanted a coffee table book at less than 10% of the regular price, including tax, why don't you head on over to your local Borders.

No comments: